Canadian Exporters Checklist
- Include all information required on your Customs invoices. Particularly important is a clear and accurate description of the merchandise.
- Make sure that your invoices contain values and unit prices in addition to the information that would shown on a well-prepared packing list.
- Mark and number each package so it can be identified with the corresponding information appearing on your invoice.
- Mark your goods legibly and conspicuously with the country of origin unless they are specifically exempted from marking regulations.
- Observe the shipping instructions sent to you by your customer in the U.S. with respect to invoicing, packaging, marking, etc.
- Establish sound security procedures at your facility and while transporting your goods for shipment.
Shipping to the United States